Grilled Corn & Cactus Salad
Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 4 ears corn on-the-cob, husks and silk removed
- 9 ounces cactus pads (nopales), cleaned
- 5 ounces knob onions or spring onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces ARMANINO™ Chimichurri Sauce
- 3.5 ounces mayonnaise
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled
- Prepare grill on medium-high heat. Brush corn, cactus and onions with oil. Grill 10-15 min. or until softened and blackened, turning occasionally. Cool slightly. Cut kernels from cobs. Chop cactus and onions into small diced pieces. Combine all vegetables in large bowl.
- Mix chimichurri, mayo, lime zest and juice, and cilantro in small bowl; add to vegetables. Mix gently until coated. Reserve some of the cheese; fold remaining cheese into salad.
- Garnish with reserved cheese and additional cilantro, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- For extra spice, add 1-2 teaspoons chili powder or as much as 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped.
- If spring onions are out of season, substitute regular green onions (scallions), which will cook much more quickly on the grill.