Grilled Carrots & Leeks with Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pesto
Makes: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled and halved
- 6 ounces leeks, trimmed and halved
- 2 ounces whole garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dukkah*
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces ARMANINO™ Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pesto
ounce cilantro leaves (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle oil onto carrots, leeks and garlic. Toss to coat well. Grill vegetables 3-5 minutes or until fork-tender. Transfer to serving plate. Sprinkle with dukkah, red pepper, and salt. Serve with ARMANINO™ Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pesto on the side. Garnish with cilantro, if using.
- * Dukkah is a fragrant Middle Eastern spice and nut blend which often includes sesame, cumin, and coriander seed. To make your own, toast ½ cup almonds or hazelnuts in a pan over medium heat 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add 2 tablespoons sesame seed; toast until light golden brown. Transfer mixture to food processor. Add 1 teaspoon ground cumin, ½ teaspoon ground coriander, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper. Pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped.